Sunday, January 16, 2011

New York City - A little piece of heaven...

Last weekend I traveled to NYC for PBR’s first 2011 event at Madison Square Garden. I was fortunate enough to have some free time to do a little shopping at Macys, Lord and Taylor and Forever 21 to name a few places. I ate AMAZING food from pizza to Italian to seafood, plus amazing red wine ran like a free flowing stream all weekend long. I would have to say after all of this I did get one treat in NYC that quickly flew to top of my all time favorite list. As you all know I am a HUGE dessert fan, and one of my favorites is of course the cupcake. In my past I have many different store made and homemade cupcakes. Plus, a few years ago I had the pleasure to visit Sprinkles cupcakes that are located mostly on the west coast. After this visit these cupcakes quickly rose to the top of my dessert list. They were moist and melted in your mouth with an addition of oh so fluffy frosting to fill out the balance. Well, ladies and gentlemen Sprinkles was KNOCKED off the top of the list when I sank my teeth into a Crumbs cupcake. My friend Sara has been bragging about these cupcakes for a while and luckily she had an extra moment to introduce me to the store in Herald Square. These cupcakes are a little piece of heaven! The cake is not too moist but melts in your mouth and the frosting is not too sugary and creates a nice balance with the other flavors. These cupcakes are AWESOME! Oh, and did I mention they have all kinds of random flavors. A trip to NYC would not be the same without a trip to this shop. Side note – I hailed my first NYC cab all alone this trip; this is a huge accomplishment for me.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment