Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Our First Overnight Guests...

The Great White Hunter and I were very blessed to have my bestie Emily and my adopted niece Tressie come and stay with us this past weekend. But, let me tell you getting ready for our very first overnight guests was no walk in the park. I immediately informed The Great White Hunter that pictures must be hung before Friday, my stool must be painted, new sheets on the guest bed and of course all random piles of stuff must be put in their place. The chaos officially started Wednesday night when The Great White Hunter randomly decided that the office must be finished tonight. So, being the very amazing husband he is he worked on getting himself organized in the office. Thursday, thank gosh I was off, was cleaning day. The house had to be perfect every piece of dust gone and every pillow must be fluffed. Friday rolled around and the race was on. It was errand day! Random frames needed to be bought, bath mats, pictures developed, groceries bought and of course the white wine chilled. I prepared dinner, made dessert and was lighting the candles when The Great White Hunter came home from work. We were ready! Side note - Thank you Deanna and Bonnie for writing such a easy to follow cookbook. I would recommend the lasagna recipe in the 1st edition of Kitchen Keepsakes to any cook. It tasted amazing and was easy to make! My dad was even impressed.

It was great to finally have Emily at my place. (Really so she can understand what I'm talking about when we are trying to decide on accessories to buy on-line.)The babes first reaction to my new home was not good. She was a little taken back  by all of The Great White Hunter's elk mounts on the wall. But, by the end of their trip she was laughing in the elks faces, acting quite fearless.

We spent the evening at home catching up and watching Sex and the City 2, after the babe was in bed of course. On Saturday morning we headed up to Denver to do a little shopping and happened upon a fabulous little hideaway the Shops at Rustic Ranch .  It's an old farm house that has over (18) rooms of amazing country/western items from art to clothing to holiday gear and of course some fabulous jewelry. I was lucky enough to find some new signs for my kitchen and an amazing necklace. It was a fabulous Saturday with two very lovely ladies.


The Great White Hunter and the kid & Me and the kid
 





1 comment:

  1. We had a great time with Auntie Katie and Uncle Willy! Thanks for having us.

    Your signs look great in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete